Updated: Apr 21, 2021
If you have been looking for that perfect pizza recipe, look no further. I spill all my secrets for my favorite homemade pizza recipe below. The crust is simple to make and the whole thing can be done in about an hour from start to finish! It is so simple that even beginners can do it too! Don't forget to have fun with it, and don't stress about it. Pizza is fun and super simple to make!
Ingredients - CRUST:
1 (.25 ounce or 1.5 teaspoons) active dry yeast
1 teaspoon white sugar
1 cup warm water
2 1/2 cups flour
2 tablespoons olive oil
1 teaspoon salt
Directions – CRUST:
1. Preheat oven to 450 degrees F
2. Combine yeast, sugar, and warm water. Let stand until creamy (10 minutes)
3. Stir in flour, salt, and oil. Beat until smooth. Let rest for 5 minutes.
a. If the ratio is slightly off and the dough isn’t quite sticking add a little water, or if it is a little too sticky add a little flour
4. Roll dough into a round on a lightly floured surface. Transfer onto a pizza pan or pizza peel. Spread with your favorite toppings.
5. Bake in preheated oven for 15-20 minutes or until golden brown.
So here are all my secrets (So far...):
· Put lots of sauce on after the dough is rolled out. Then put a small amount of cheese, the toppings and then the rest of the cheese.
o This will make the cheese slightly crispy and soooo yummy
· If you love garlic then it belongs on the bottom of the pizza (on top of the dough but before the sauce)
· If you are feeling a little brave, try adding spices to the crust while you mix it (I love rosemary and garlic)
· Don’t be afraid, and try to branch out with new or even (odd) pizza topping combos
· Don't overthink the process
· Homemade pizza is always the best ;)
Stay tuned for more! Once I get my sourdough starter going I will be branching out and trying out different pizza recipes!
If you try this out let me know how it goes!
Grit. Grace. Gratitude.